I am the Screenwriting Competition Manager for the Nashville Film Festival Screenwriting Competition, which offers writers the chance to get their scripts in the hands of major industry players as well as cash prizes and Festival laminates.
Signed on so far to read winning scripts from our competition are:
* Tom Pollock, former Chair of Universal Pictures, Vice Chair and Executive VP of MCA, and co-founder of The Montecito Picture Company, who has influenced the development of films from Schindler's List to Jurassic Park to Up In The Air
* Blossom Films, Nicole Kidman's production company - Rabbit Hole
* Laray Mayfield, noted casting director and frequent collaborator with David Fincher - House of Cards, Benjamin Button, Fight Club
* Ben Nearn, Co-Founder and CEO of Sycamore Pictures - Black Swan, The Way, Way Back, The Ides of March
* Harmony Korine, revered indie filmmaker - Spring Breakers
* Rich Peluso, Senior Vice President of AFFIRM Films, the Faith/Family and Inspirational Label of Sony Picture Entertainment - Soul Surfer, Courageous
* Lewis Bogach, Vice President of Production for CMT-TV - CMT-TV Comedy Stage, My Big Redneck Wedding
We are also offering over $55,000 in cash and prizes, including All-Festival Passes for semi-finalists and finalists, where industry pros from all over the world mingle.
In the past, Festival guests have included William Shatner, Nicole Kidman, William H. Macy, Claire Bowen, and many more. We expect a crowd of over 100,000+ this year at the festival.
We have twenty-five total categories for our competition, encompassing feature scripts, short scripts, and TV pilots.
The Final Deadline for this year's competition is February 3rd, 2014, at midnight.
Contact me on this or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.