HAPPY ENDINGS - 'Might As Well Have Been A Porno''
Sitcom - Current Series, 34 pages (Comedy)
Viewed by: 46 Members
Uploaded: Jun 21, 2012
To become a Resident, Click Here. In minutes, you can be a Resident with access to view documents at Talentville.
Dave gets food poisoning from eating Indian food and Alex tries to take care of him while standing in for him at his food truck. Meanwhile, Brad and Jane are unable to have sex because Brad feels emasculate by Jane when she saves him from a fight; and Max and Penny take a hip hop dance class.
If you've never seen the show, here is a little information about the cast. I copied and pasted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Endings_%28TV_series%29
* Eliza Coupe as Jane Kerkovich-Williams – Alex's control freak older sister. She is married to Brad and wanted to start a family and live a "perfect suburban life", prior to being freaked out over Alex and Dave's break-up. She is very competitive and always likes to be in charge of everything. She is a perfectionist by nature and currently serves as head of the homeowner's association, although she went through a lesbian phase in college and donated an egg her freshmen year so that she could go to Cabo San Lucas and party. She and her husband are very affectionate in public, which often makes their friends uncomfortable. She and Alex are of Serbian descent and have inherited their family's memory-wiping technique, passed down from their Serbian ancestors.
* Elisha Cuthbert as Alex Kerkovich – Jane's ditzy younger sister and Dave's ex-fiancée who left him at the altar on the day of their wedding. Alex still has some regret about leaving Dave at their wedding and feels guilty about it. She enjoys going on double dates and "girls nights out" with her best friend Penny. She runs her own women's clothing boutique called Xela ("Alex" backwards) in downtown Chicago, although her shop typically has no actual customers. In season two, she moves in with Penny after accidentally ruining her apartment with smoke damage. Alex is the youngest in the group of friends and because of her ditziness is often clueless and easily gets lost during the group's conversations. She and Jane are of Serbian descent and have inherited their family's memory-wiping technique, passed down from their Serbian ancestors. She often eats a lot, sometimes surprising the gang, even though she keeps in shape.
* Zachary Knighton as Dave Rose – Newly single and depressed after being left by his ex-fiancé Alex on the day of their wedding. Still trying to figure his life out after the wedding, Dave followed his dreams of quitting his office job and is now self-employed with his own food truck business. After his break-up with Alex, he now lives on Max's couch. In season two, he's claimed to have moved on from their break-up and still remains friends with Alex while they both attempt to date other people. Dave often goes out of his way to prove he's the "cool guy" of the group, as he is often the butt of his friends' jokes and ridiculed for his fashion choices, such as his love of v-neck shirts.
* Adam Pally as Max Blum – Dave and Brad's best friend since college. He is sarcastic and enjoys sitting around his apartment playing video games. He is openly gay. Although he only comes out to his parents during season one (ep 4 - "Mein Coming Out"), after years of having Penny pose as his girlfriend. He comes to share his apartment with newly single Dave. Max is a minister of a non-denominational Christian church (though he himself is Jewish) licensed to officiate weddings, although he technically wasn't licensed when he did Brad and Jane's wedding. Max is single and unemployed, however in season two he buys a vintage Limousine and attempts to start his own limo driving service.
* Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad Williams – Jane's husband who does whatever she says. He works for a big Chicago investment firm and is best friends with Dave and Max. Brad and Jane were first introduced to each other by Dave when they were in college. Despite being a somewhat uptight businessman during the day, he still likes to have fun and participate in all the crazy adventures the gang get into, particularly with Max and Dave. Brad and Jane are often very affectionate towards each other in public, sometimes so much so that it creeps the rest of the group out. He is considerably effeminate, which he tries to hide around his male friends but is open about with Jane, since she finds it sexually arousing. At the end of season two, his department was cut, and he is now unemployed.
* Casey Wilson as Penny Hartz – The group's desperately single friend who constantly worries that she'll never find the right guy. She is constantly dating, though most of her boyfriends never last for long, as she usually manages to drive them off with her manic behavior. She has known Dave, Alex and Jane since childhood. Max has been her "gay BFF" since college, though they briefly dated before she realized he was gay. She has shown occasional interest in Dave after her psychiatrist convinces her that she has unresolved feelings for him. Penny is a successful businesswoman who works in public relations and prides herself on being the most fashionable person in her office. Despite her unlucky lovelife, she always tries to stay optimistic, often declaring that it's "The Year of Penny", the year where everything in her life starts to go right and she'll finally meet the man of her dreams. She is known for her unique ways of pronouncing certain words (such as her favorite phrase, "a-mah-zing") and has a habit of constantly abbreviating ("abbreevs" as she calls them) things, much to the annoyance of her friends.
My thanks to Matthew McFarland for the episode title: Might As Well Have Been A Porno.
Time Period: Present
Cast Size: 3-6 Main/Supporting
Story Location: USA
Script of the Month:
Finalist: July 2012
Weekly Top Ten List:
Weeks on Chart: 8
Peak Position: #3 (July 22, 2012)
If you would like to read reviews of the screenplays in our library, you must be a Talentville Resident.
If you are not currently a Resident, Click Here to sign up now.
If you are already a Talentville Resident, log in to the site and the reviews will be displayed.